The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Invisalign
Are you looking for a way to properly align your teeth, but you do not want to choose the classical dental braces? If your answer to this question is yes, then probably the best solution for your problem would be using Invisalign. You should continue reading this article to find out all the advantages and disadvantages of this dental align equipment, which nowadays is available even in areas such as St Louis.
The Invisalign medical equipment has many advantages over the traditional dental braces, from which the most important are:
- The fact that it is completely transparent, which makes it the preferred choice among adults who are most of the time ashamed when wearing metal braces.
- You can always get it off when eating, so food will not get in the interdental spaces.
- After wearing it, your teeth, and gums will not suffer any damage, unlike when wearing metal braces which can shorten the root of the teeth, and also cause teeth decay, because these cannot be cleaned after eating.
- Also because you can remove it whenever you like, you will have no restrictions when it comes to what you can eat, or drink.
- Doctors have conducted studies that show that Invisalign straightens teeth much faster, in a period of around 12 to 18 months, unlike metal braces, which can take up to 90 months to properly align the teeth.
As with all other medical equipment, Invisalign also has its disadvantages. The most important are:
- It can be very expensive.
- It can easily be lost because you have to remove it every time you eat something.
- This equipment is not advised for those who have trouble with unequal teeth length.
- It gets damaged very fast if the patient grinds or clenches his or her teeth.